Character Connections Word of the week: Courage
• “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.” – Dumbledore, Harry Potter
• “Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes.” – Maggie Kuhn
• “Courage is not living without fear. Courage is being scared to death and doing the right thing anyway.” – Chae Richardson
Please check your child's Blue Take Home Folder each day to check for mail, homework, and important information.
IT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOUR CHILD TO BRING SHARPENED PENCILS TO SCHOOL EACH DAY!
PLEASE SEND YOUR CHILD WITH A WATER BOTTLE!!! This helps a lot, so he/she does not have to leave the room when thirsty! Your child is also welcome to keep healthy snacks in our classroom to eat any time
BAJA BLAST SPIRIT WEEK, MARCH 13-17
• Monday – Pajama Day
• Tuesday – Age Change Day (dress like any age, except your own! Baby, elderly, middle age, etc.)
• Wednesday – Grade Color Day
o 3rd – Yellow
o 4th – Red
• Thursday – Fashion Disaster Day (wear fashion no-nos and anything that clashes)
• Friday – Baja Beach Day (wear your tropical beach clothes)
Here’s What We Have for You Today:
Field Trip form and money are due by March 20th but we are happy to take it early!
Science Review due Monday signed by a parent. Energy Test Monday!
3rd Grade: 20 minutes
4th Grade: 30 minutes
Word study due March 28
3rd Grade Math:
H 5-8 ONLY
Online quizzes due on Friday
Xtra Math - 3 rounds with Mr. C.
To access Think Central:
Go to www.thinkcentral.com (linked under math on this blog) Log in with this info on the drop down menu:
Birmingham Public School District
Birmingham Covington School
Check the ‘remember me’ box
Username with tc at the start (ex.tcsb07) password (animal) Click My Scores - The most recent test will be at the top
4th Grade Math:
15 Minutes Compass Math (Fraction lessons)
Online tests due 3-17-17
In writer’s workshop, we are drafting and editing our persuasive writing. We are reading opinion articles in class to understand how an author works to convince others of what he/she wants them to think, feel, believe, or do. In reader's workshop, we are learning to take charge of our own comprehension. Finally, in our independent reading time, we are using all of our reading skills to help us improve our reading stamina. We are working hard!
We are still busy understanding how our governments works and how exciting the regions of our country are!
Our science unit is on Energy. We are learning about potential and kinetic energy and what makes energy change. We are studying the various forms of energy.
***Often we post things on our class SeeSaw accounts as well on our Google Classroom accounts. Ask your child to show you what he/she has done so far!